SNA International, LLC, is a vibrant, growing company based in Alexandria, VA, and a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. SNA’s staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the US’s largest federal forensic laboratories.
SNA International seeks a bright, collaborative and innovative Biologist/DNA Program Specialist to work in the FBI Laboratory Division’s Quantico, Virginia location, who has a strong work ethic to join our team and work together in pursuit of the same cause: build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence.
The Biologist-DNA Technical Specialist performs specific quality assurance (QA) and quality control (QC) duties for the FBI Laboratory Division that supports DNA casework associated with the Biometrics Analysis Section (BAS); and ensures compliance with the FBI, national, and international quality assurance and quality control guidelines and that policies and procedures are understood and followed.
The following list is representative of the types of activities and responsibilities anticipated to be performed by contract personnel, but are not limited to:
- Compile, maintain, and records a variety of QA and QC data including, but not limited to, calibration, proficiency testing, external audits, training, technical qualifications, and monitoring testimony.
- Provide written response to observations determined during an internal and/or external quality assurance audit process.
- Develop recommendations for necessary changes based on audit to correct problems or deficiencies.
- Advise unit personnel of policy changes to be implemented as a result of audit observations.
- Conduct performance checks on analytical instrumentation and maintain equipment.
- Maintain liaison with quality assurance personnel and external vendors and contractors.
- Perform duties in support of the management and distribution of external proficiency tests.
- Provide input into the development of new guidelines and quality assurance standards.
- Inputting information into quality system databases.
- Assist in the preparation, evaluation and checking of laboratory chemicals and reagents used, and perform routine calculations to ensure compliance with quality assurance requirements.
- Prepare purchase requests and interact with purchasing personnel in support of QA and QC functions.
- Perform duties related to safety requirements.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Education: B.S. degree in Biology, Chemistry, or related field of Biological Science.
- Experience: (1) year of experience performing laboratory work in a biological science. A minimum of one (1) year of forensic DNA laboratory experience.
- Knowledge of related sciences such as biochemistry, chemistry, physics, molecular biology, genetics, and mathematics.
- Basic knowledge of quality control measures to effectively evaluate scientific data resulting from DNA analysis.
- Knowledge of the uses of computers and the ability to manipulate data for basic statistic evaluation and display.
- Certifications: N / A.
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a background check, drug screening, and a polygraph (if required).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.