SNA International seeks a highly motivated and detailed orientated part-time Chemist with a strong work ethic to join our team to work together in pursuit of the same cause: build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence.
Qualified part-time chemists will provide chemistry forensic examination services in support of chemical and metallurgical casework unit for the Federal Bureau of Investigation and will be able to work with a team of highly skilled scientific, forensic and quality driven individuals.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Inventory items, to include biological specimens, received in antemortem and postmortem investigations. Document condition as received. Repackage evidence, including biological specimens, for return to submitting agency, and delivery to Evidence Staff or Mailroom Personnel.
- Use chemical and physical techniques such as solid phase extraction and liquid extraction to isolate drugs, metabolites, and poisons from biological specimens.
- Conduct analyses of samples and extracts using headspace analysis, gas chromatography, liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry, enzyme immunoassay, and other laboratory instrumentation.
- Author detailed forensic laboratory notes and supporting documentation.
- Use the current database network for evidence inventory, tracking, and flow.
- Maintain proper chain of custody of all forensic material under examination.
- Follow all QA / QC procedures, protocols, and adhere to Laboratory policies and procedures related to accreditation and safety standards.
- Prepare traceable analytical standards using calibrated balances, calibrated pipets, and simple math.
- Generate quantitative results using instrument software packages and commercial spreadsheets.
- Prepare and properly store and mark laboratory reagents.
- Perform general housekeeping maintenance, such as, sweeping and washing laboratory glassware.
- Support activities, functions, or duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry with at least thirty (30) credit hours in chemistry and at least six (6) hours in Physics, and course work that includes differential equations and integral calculus.
- Must have at least one year of recent experience as a Chemist, Toxicologist, or equivalent in an accredited laboratory.
- Demonstrated ability to study and pass training, examination, and testing assessments.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Strong organizational skills
This position is part-time and in Quantico, VA
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a background check, drug screening, and a polygraph (if required).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls.
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.