SNA International, LLC, is a vibrant, growing company based in Alexandria, VA, and a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. SNA’s staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the US’s largest federal forensic laboratories.
SNA International seeks a bright, collaborative and innovative Explosives Machinist and Logistics Assistant (EMLA) to work in the FBI Laboratory Division’s Lorton, Virginia, and C-Demo warehouse facility locations, who has a strong work ethic to join our team and work together in pursuit of the same cause: build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence.
The Explosives Machinist and Logistics Assistant supports the Explosives Unit (EU) and other Terrorism Explosive Device Analytical Center (TEDAC) units that work with the EU by performing machinist duties and maintaining inventory as directed by the Unit Chief.
- Manage and maintain the Lorton, Virginia, and C-Demo warehouse facilities.
- Drive a variety of vehicles, including but not limited to range vehicles, routine EU vehicles, emergency response vehicles, as well as towing large trailers, and construction equipment.
- Assists the explosives range with a variety of tasks for the EU, other units and other FBI divisions who have utilized the range for post blast schools, EU test shots, and to construct tools to disassemble explosive devices.
- Set up, operate, and maintain all shop equipment at the C-Demo, the EU warehouse facility in Lorton, Virginia, as well as the Laboratory Division in Quantico, Virginia.
- Maintain control and know the location of all non-expendable equipment for the EU.
- Establish and maintain preventive maintenance schedules to ensure machines are fully functional, as well as the ability to troubleshoot machines, identify deficiencies, and perform corrective maintenance to ensure proper operation.
- Set-up and operate manual milling machines to produce parts to exact blueprint specifications.
- Design and implementation of holding fixtures for milling complex three (3) dimensional parts, and setup lathe for single point internal and external threading.
- Work closely with examiners, Supervisory Special Agent Bomb Technicians (SSABTs), and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Explosives Division by troubleshooting and developing a device that measures the performance of a percussion actuated non-electric (PAN) disruptor.
- Assist with case-related support. For example, assist with a case that required a rocket-propelled grenade (RPG) to be fired remotely from a fixed position approximately thirty (30) yards away, at a target approximately ten (10) inches wide by twelve (12) inches tall.
- Assist in course development in instructional support to numerous schools, testing of explosives, and conducts demonstrations for FBI personnel and other liaison partners.
- Work closely with the U.S. Secret Service Explosives Division in testing the White House protective measures.
- Support activities, functions, or duties as defined.
- Research, develop, and author whitepapers and information papers, as required.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Education: B.S. degree
- Experience: At least three (3) years of experience in explosives logistics services.
- Skills: Explosives logistics management and customer services.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Certifications: N/A
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a background check, drug screening, and a polygraph (if required).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.