SNA International seeks a bright, collaborative Physical Scientist / Evidence Analyst 3 with a strong work ethic to join our team and work together in pursuit of the same cause to build a safe and just world by empowering organizations in the use of forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence.
Qualified candidates will spend much of their time in the laboratory processing and analyzing trace evidence. Since the findings from the analysis can be used in court, analysts must follow strict protocols regarding the custody of evidence, testing procedures, and reporting guidelines. Every step of the procedure must be notated and reported, which includes when the sample was received, the quality of the sample, the tests performed, and the test results. Analysts may be called to appear in court as a fact witnesses to verify the findings of a particular trace evidence analysis.
In the Laboratory Division, the scientists also perform routine maintenance and QC checks on lab equipment. They maintain each piece of equipment, check for damages, and request replacement equipment as needed.
Critical tasks will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Receive and account for boxes of evidence and related materials from the
- Visually inspect and process evidence and related materials for trace evidence; photograph evidence and related materials; remove hairs and fibers from evidence and related materials; create microscopic slides for hairs and fibers; mount hairs and fibers on slides; and create inventory slides.
- Record case notes, photographs, chain-of-custody form, electronic communication, and slide
- Use eLab software for evidence inventory, tracking, and
- Maintain proper chain-of-custody for all forensic material under examination.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as defined in future
- Participates with senior personnel in research studies which involve systematic, critical and intensive investigation necessary for the development of experimental processes.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least twenty-four (24) credit hours in the physical sciences.
- No prior experience required.
- Basic computer skills, to include use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook); organization skills; flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities; ability to analyze complex or challenging situations; ; verbal and written communication skills.
Must be able to possess a Top Secret clearance
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a background check, drug screening, and a polygraph (if required).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.