SNA International, LLC, is a vibrant, growing company based in Alexandria, VA, and a world leader in forensics, biometrics, and identity intelligence services. SNA’s staff support high visibility forensic human identification operations, including staffing some of the US’s largest federal forensic laboratories.
The qualified Sample Inventory, Control and Management Specialist provides evidence inventory services to properly inventory and maintain the chain-of-custody of all evidence, to include database samples, and forensic materials entering the facility.
The following list is representative of the types of activities and responsibilities anticipated to be performed, but are not limited to:
- Receive, accession and prepare DNA database samples and/or boxes of forensic evidence or related materials
- Open and inventory contents of boxes.
- Create laboratory worksheet from templates as necessary; enter data (laboratory number, case ID number, Questioned / Known numbers, and descriptions.
- Create master and unit chain-of-custody forms.
- Enter data into the Sample Tracking and Control Software (STACS) system and / or FA, create examination plan, and generate barcode labels.
- Stage boxes and documentation for processing by unit specific teams.
- Prepare boxes for proper storage
- Load and unload boxes of evidence and forensic materials, including examination supplies and chemicals.
- Maintain data/inventory of boxes of evidence and forensic materials received, in process, and returned to contributor.
- Perform general shipping / receiving duties.
- Use the current STACS and / or FA software for evidence inventory, tracking, and flow.
- Maintain proper chain-of-custody of all forensic material under examination.
- Support activities, functions, or duties, as defined in future TOs.
- Communication with contributors as necessary.
- Prepare administrative files on the evidence or samples
- Interact and collaborate with other group/team members and other forensic staff to ensure a high quality and accurate product.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Education: B.S. degree in science disciplines, criminal justice, or related field from accredited university/college.
- Experience: six (6) months of evidence inventory, control and management experience or other forensic laboratory experience.
- Skills: Computer data entry, course work in forensics, attention to detail, familiarization with QA / QC, experience with a LIMS.
- Specialized Requirements: Must successfully complete and pass the FBI Laboratory/Unit specific training requirements within six months from being assigned to the contract / task order and must successfully complete an FBI competency test within the time period as set forth by the FBI Laboratory/Unit specific program. At a minimum, the competency test will include:
- Examination of sufficient unknown samples to cover the anticipated spectrum of job duties and evaluation of his/her ability to perform suitable testing methods; and
- A written or oral examination to assess his/her knowledge of the discipline, category of testing, or task being performed.
Candidates must be US citizens and able to pass a background check, drug screening, and a polygraph (if required).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.