- Full Time
We are looking for a skilled software engineer to join our development team to create cutting-edge tools for forensics and biometrics, including a state-of-the-art DNA matching and tracking system. The ideal candidate has advanced software design and engineering knowledge, a good eye for detail, and a natural gift for software troubleshooting.
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Design and develop software components using the React framework
- Conduct automating testing using a framework like Cypress
- Develop test strategies and test plans
- Capture and monitor test-related metrics and using them to help the team improve software quality over time
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar field
- Strong ability to write UI code in the React framework
- Five (5) years of experience in software development
- Strong experience in conducting automated tested. (We plan to use Cypress for automated testing, but experience in Selenium or other automated frameworks is acceptable if well experienced)
- Strong leadership experience
- Strong experience with Agile development incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, utilizing technologies such as GIT, Jenkins, SonarQube, etc.
- Experience with relational databases
- Ability to debug code and solve complex problems related to efficiency and performance of our software with appropriate production monitoring
- Ability to obtain and hold a security clearance
*Work location is in Alexandria, VA but the role will hybrid*
Please submit your resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position and position level. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls
SNA International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.