This business crime and regulatory (BCR) team in London are seeking to expand with the recruitment of an Associate Solicitor.
The opportunity will suit a self-starter with a proven track-record of success, who is keen to work in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
The team have developed an emerging investigations practice and actively bring private prosecutions on behalf of both individuals and corporate clients, so a background of working within law enforcement, the CPS or another prosecuting authority is desirable.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of criminal and regulatory law
- Have 2-5 years’ PQE in a leading criminal firm or law enforcement agency
- Have experience preparing and running cases in the Magistrates’ Court, Crown Court and Court of Appeal at differing levels of supervision dependent on the severity and complexities of the case.
- Be confident in their ability to advise clients in interview under caution with a variety of investigating agencies.
- Have a keen interest in participating in, and contributing to, the team’s marketing and business development activities including writing articles for publications and blogs for the website as well as taking part in networking events and other business development opportunities.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Full understanding of AML regulation as applicable to the legal sector;
- Full understanding of the Solicitors’ Code of Conduct and Solicitors’ Accounts Rules;
- Proven track record in representing clients in interview under caution for serious offences with a variety of investigating agencies;
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all times, both internally and externally;
- Ability to time record effectively and to adapt quickly to new systems and working practices;
- Run your own mixed caseload to a very high standard with light partner supervision;
- Determine appropriately the need for experts, agents and counsel to be instructed and identify the issues which they need to address;
- Ability to contribute effectively to marketing and business development activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To ensure excellent service standards and maintain high client satisfaction;
- Meet financial performance targets and report accurately on expected billing when required to;
- Exercise good financial management skills including preparing cost estimates, monitoring the cost estimate provided to client as per fees invoiced, preparing and/or reviewing time schedules for billing, and obtaining swift payment of outstanding balances;
- Ensure requirements of Lexcel and other audits are maintained continuously.
If you are interested in this position, and you meet the requirements of the role, please click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your resume, cover letter transcript and writing sample. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Sebastian Philips for a confidential discussion.
Our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.
*Please Note: Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving we are unable to contact applicants who have been unsuccessful