This London Based International bank currently seek a Korean Speaker to join their Compliance team. The role will include various duties in relation to Compliance and AML. It will cover the role of deputising for the Banks Head of Compliance & MLRO whilst ensuring that the Bank meets its UK regulatory and conduct obligations, and the requirements of the UK’s Money Laundering Regulations 2017
- Ensuring that the Branch complies at all times, with the regulations as laid down by the FCA / PRA, and to advise management of regulatory changes affecting the Bank.
- Deputise in reporting of statutory reports and returns to the FCA / PRA on an accurate and timely basis.
- Design, draft and implement the bank’s policies and frameworks
- Assist in designing the Compliance Monitoring Programme.
- Conduct AML/CTF Annual risk assessment
- Monitor the day-to-day operation of the Branch’s anti-money laundering and compliance policies
- Monitor CDD procedures and provide training to front line staff
- Maintain adequate arrangements for staff awareness and training of Compliance and AML within agreed time scales.
- Ensure that the Branch’s employees are made aware of and understand their AML and Compliance responsibilities
- Investigate payment alerts that fall into OFAC alert queue
- Assist drafting and maintaining the London Branch’s policies and procedures for countering the risk that the Branch might be used to further financial crime under the Senior management Regime
Essential Experience and skills required:
- Native/Fluent in Korean
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of UK based central compliance experience
- Experience of regulatory compliance – preferred
- RTW in the UK