Why would you join Davies?
At Davies people are at the heart of all we do, out values state that we succeed together, and it is this, that makes the business a great place to work! You will be valued and supported and receive excellent benefits including but not limited to:
- Reward platform – discounts for over 800 retailers
- 25 days holiday (rising with service plus option to purchase up to 5 extra days a year!)
- Development, training, and professional qualifications
What will your day look like:
Working as part of a small team the role involves investigating and reconstructing serious and fatal road traffic collisions and producing Court compliant reports. Investigations will typically involve:
- Vehicle examinations to consider damage, defects, mechanical condition and roadworthiness
- Downloading and analysing vehicle data
- Site visits and reconstructions
- Analysis using traditional collision investigation techniques to find impact speeds
- 3D surveys, computer modelling, animations and simulations
- CCTV analysis
- Consideration and application of human factors
- Nighttime collisions and conspicuity issues
- Documentary evidence reviews, witness statements, police reports etc
- Literature reviews and consideration of published research
- Plan and conduct relevant research and testing
As an expert witness Court attendance will be necessary at both Criminal and Civil hearings.
We receive instructions from solicitors, insurance companies, manufacturers and the general public. The role is customer facing with frequent meetings and discussions with clients and barristers.
Abilities And Knowledge:
The objective of the role is to produce impartial, accurate and comprehensive reports to assist the Court in understanding the circumstances of a collision.
The role will be open to individuals who either demonstrate the qualifications and ability to carry out the role with the appropriate training, or to those who already have the necessary experience to satisfy the requirements.
Preferred Qualifications or willingness to achieve them:
- Bachelors Degree or higher in an engineering or physics based subject
- Chartered Engineer Status
- Specific Collision Investigation Qualifications (UCPD, Cert HE etc)
- Collision investigation
- Vehicle examinations
- Vehicle downloads (e.g. Bosch CDR)
- Court attendance
- 3D modelling and surveying
- The ability to work unsupervised and be self-motivated
- To manage own workload
- The ability to meet deadlines
- A willingness to continue learning and carry our regular CPD
- An aptitude and enthusiasm for problem solving
A bit about Davies:
We are a global team of more than 6,500 professionals and growing, operating across the UK, Ireland, the US, Canada & Bermuda. Specialising in professional services and technology firms, working in partnerships with leading insurance, which are highly regulated, global businesses.
We are a multi award-winning specialist professional services and technology business. We deliver operations, consulting and technology solutions across the risk and insurance value chain, including excellence in claims, underwriting, distribution, regulation, customer experience, human capital, transformation & change management.
Davies is a community of outstanding people. We welcome different perspectives, support each other’s ambitions, and grow together. In a fast-changing business environment, we adapt and look ahead. We succeed because we are multi-talented: in the skills of our teams, specialisms, and sector expertise. Working together, we are greater than the sum of our parts.
We are Dynamic – We readily adapt to the changing environment. We strive for what’s next. We relentlessly seek more: for our business, our clients, our colleagues, and our communities.
We are Innovative – We are solution-focused. We have an entrepreneurial mindset. We are empowered to discover new paths.
We Succeed together – We support each other to grow. We value different perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We make an impact in our communities.
We are Connected – We are united under one mission. We believe in the power of Davies to make a difference. We are greater than the sum of our parts.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Davies Group endeavour to recruit from the widest possible pool of suitable candidates. If you require any adjustments or special arrangements to be made to our application process on account of a disability, please contact Human Resources.