To apply for this job email your details to Americas.Recruitment@controlrisks.com
Control Risks is a specialist risk consultancy that helps to create secure, compliant and resilient organizations in an age of ever-changing risk. Working across disciplines, technologies and geographies, everything we do is based on our belief that taking risks is essential to our clients’ success.
We provide our clients with the insight to focus resources and ensure they are prepared to resolve the issues and crises that occur in any ambitious global organization.
We go beyond problem-solving and give our clients the insight and intelligence they need to realize opportunities and grow. From the boardroom to the remotest location, we have developed an unparalleled ability to bring order to chaos and reassurance to anxiety.
Working with our clients our people are given direct responsibility, career development
and the opportunity to work collaboratively on fascinating projects in a rewarding and
inclusive global environment.
The Partner and leader in Data Analytics in the Technology practice for the Americas is a
pivotal and highly visible position. The successful candidate will seek to significantly grow
the business in the region by leveraging existing resources as well as building new
This is a client-facing business development and leadership role providing a client-centric,
solution-oriented and consultative approach to leading the practice and oversight of work
for key clients and opportunities across the Americas region.
The primary purpose is to set and implement the transformational growth strategy for Data
Analytics across all practices in Americas.
This role has membership on the Americas Business Leaders and Americas Partner
There are seven priorities for the role:
1. Strategy: Working closely with the Americas CEO, the Global Technology Consulting
Leader and other Data Analytics senior leaders in EMEA and Asia Pacific to develop
a strategy for further growth and adoption of Data Analytics across the Americas
region, accelerating growth for practices and geomarkets.
2. Business development: Developing business in targeted markets and ensuring
revenue targets are met; this will include developing and growing new client
relationships with law firms, in-house counsels and c-suite executives (e.g., CEOs and
3. Commercial management: Contributing to the financial budget plan, resourcing and
controlling costs to ultimately produce trading profit margins at plan.
4. Technical excellence: Technical leadership to design, upskill and recruit the
appropriate delivery team across all service lines to deliver all types of Data Analytics
solutions. This is a technical expert role, with a minimum of 15-20 years in senior
leadership roles in data analytics, mining, analytics and modeling.
5. Collaboration: Working closely with other departments and experts to proliferate the
growth of Data Analytics in consulting engagements.
6. Capability and capacity: Managing and building a strong practice of Data Analytics
team members to ensure that market-leading capabilities (as well as quality
management) are in place, including advising on necessary data infrastructure and
7. Thinking globally: Serving as a key member of the wider Global Technology
consulting team, working closely with other regions.
Tasks and responsibilities
Business development and client management
– Individually develop and grow $2.5m of earned fees and direct sales origination.
– Help set business development targets that will drive profitability and allow for
measurement of team and individual performance.
– Manage and grow a set of strategic accounts and law firms.
– Represent Control Risks’ Data Analytics brand at events, networking with partners and
within the industry, and leading on multimedia engagements.
– Work with the Global Technology Consulting Leader to grow, manage and deliver
budgets including meeting and exceeding trading margin and income targets, a
balanced revenue mix and driving Data Analytics revenue and profits.
– Maintain a high level of adaptability to identify and work with internal stakeholders
across the consulting business and appeal to the full range of Control Risks’ service
lines when driving Data Analytics for business.
Software and product relationships
– Drive relationships with key software products like Tableau, Microsoft BI and other
proprietary solutions, and promote co-selling and co-marketing with key leadership to
drive financial growth year over year for Data Analytics.
– Research and evaluate market-altering and disruptive technologies for our clients and
the way the business serves its clients such as artificial intelligence, cloud-based
technologies and meeting cross-border privacy needs.
– Work closely with the Global Technology Consulting Leader and Americas CEO to
design and lead the implementation of the Data Analytics strategy for the Americas
region; work closely with EMEA and Asia Pacific counterparts.
– Develop and define a market-informed direction for the entire region including an
assessment of Control Risks’ positioning, service line capability and future intent in the
various North America, Brazil, Colombia and Mexico markets, working with local
geomarket practice leads.
– Proactively develop relationships with colleagues in other service lines and experts in
other hub offices, working together to identify new opportunities.
Act as a thought leader for industry publications, seminars and digital media.
Leadership and management
– Provide leadership to the Data Analytics team and coordinate initiatives with other
regional Technology leads in EMEA and Asia Pacific.
– Directly manage a team across the Americas region, including establishing balanced
scorecards, handling reviews and promoting a culture of high performance while
managing low performance.
– Manage and mentor developing talent to ensure we retain key talent. Identify and recruit
future talent as needed.
– Ensure that resources based in all geomarkets are maintaining best practices and
delivering consistent high quality services.
– Lead by example, driving business development, cultivating relationships with law firm
partners and corporate executives and providing Partner oversight on major projects.
– Support, coach and develop leadership in direct reports and across teams.
– Promote a positive culture within the department.
– Contribute to Americas Partners and Business Leaders bodies by proactively
contributing to the wider regional agenda and prioritizing commercial opportunities.
– Work collaboratively across the Americas to ensure commercial success through a
positive and inclusive work environment.
– Support diversity and inclusion initiatives and promote a positive and open working
Knowledge and experience
– Proven experience operating successfully at a senior level, setting strategy and delivery,
and owning the profit/loss segment for a large department.
– Established track record of winning and delivering large data analytics projects in key
jurisdictions in US and internationally.
– Demonstrable understanding of data analytics methodologies, tools and client
application including data management, data sciences, data processing methods, and
– Sound knowledge of industry, competitors and provider landscape.
– Demonstrate an understanding of delivering higher value/higher margin generating
solutions and services.
– Demonstrate an ability to think and act across Control Risks’ service offerings to
maximize business potential with clients.
– Prior experience leading a department/practice and people management indicating
successful mentoring and growth of diverse teams.
– Excellent network of client contacts and prospects at multinationals and law firms.
– Experience working at market-leading global consultancies or equivalent global
professional organizations with business development and P&L responsibilities.
– Track record and defined history of meeting personal business development targets and
oversight in a seller-servicer business model.
International experience working in highly regulated markets and sectors, and with legal
and compliance buyers.
Qualifications and specialist skills
– Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred.
– Fifteen to twenty years or more of direct/related experience.
– Relevant certifications, credentials and industry recognition.
– Relevant technical experience and trade association leadership.
– Focus is strategic and is less consumed by tactical operations.
– Cut through complexity to create clarity.
– Work with commercial focus, driving new initiatives and profitability.
– Engage on clients’ current and future needs, translating knowledge of emerging trends
to drive margins and profit.
– Analyze situations and look at the broader picture, beyond individual team and
department, to take a global view on issues where appropriate.
– Realign the team to drive organizational success; innovate to create and deliver value
to meet the needs of the organization, its market and clients.
– Responsible and accountable for decision making within team or department. Make
decisions that drive high performance and meet client needs.
– Balance risks with decision making, being prepared to mitigate risk.
– Act decisively and make tough decisions, even when under pressure.
– Drive self and team to deliver against objectives and to meet client needs.
– Translate and create practical actions from strategic plans.
– Lead by example: set and generate commitment to goals, managing team to meet
and/or exceed targets.
– Demonstrate political awareness to build strong relationships and deliver business
results. Inspire a determination to achieve high standards.
– Use the right resources across the organization to ensure sound judgement of situations
that impact the region, team and clients.
– Serve as a trusted expert and advisor.
– Build trusted relationships, understand and deliver to client needs or find solutions that
are more appropriate within given timelines.
– Ensure the client is at the heart of everything the team does.
– Understand and translate key drivers and capabilities for business and team
– Develop effective global relationships to leverage performance and capabilities, know
the right collaborations to ensure the best possible outcome for sustainable and
Focus on the global implications of activities and apply global initiatives to regional
objectives for the team, solutions and other collaborations.
– Balance opportunity to generate profit while delivering high quality services.
– Ensure sound commercial awareness applied to all solutions, harnessing margin
enhancing process improvements.
– Focus on group profitability above team profit. Encourage a commercial approach and
understanding in our teams.
– Seek out and be personally comfortable with change; manage team to be comfortable
– Show courage amid change; positively embrace, promote and utilize its benefits, while
supporting individuals and maintaining effectiveness throughout.
– Set and communicate clear direction for team to deliver work in line with global and/or
departmental goals and objectives.
– Build strong global relationships; persuade and influence others to achieve results.
– Demonstrate flexible approach.