US Government, Dept. of Social and Health Services
DSHS ESH Registered Nurse 2
Eastern State Hospital is expanding! Come join our team.
We are offering full-time and part-time, all shifts, on-call, and 12-hour shifts. Evening shift and night shift RNs will receive supplemental pay.
Eastern State Hospital values our nursing staff and understands how important they are to our patients, their families, and our facility. If you want to explore inpatient psychiatric nursing and seek to use both your mind and heart to support your patients on their road to recovery, come join our team. We offer great challenges, a rewarding career, and opportunities for advancement.
$2,000 ($500 following successful completion of new employee orientation; $500 after probation period; $1,000 after 1 year following probation period). The incentive is prorated for part-time employment. The incentive applies to RNs new to state employment. Minimum 6-month break in service for returning employees to qualify for incentive.
Who we are:
We are currently seeking Registered Nurses for our Geropsychiatric Unit (GPU), Adult Psychiatric Unit, and Forensic Services Unit. Click here to learn more about these units.
Want to know more about Eastern State Hospital? Click on the videos below to meet staff, take a virtual tour, and explore your career.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team in the planning, delivery, and evaluation of patient care
- Educate patients on social skills, functional skill development, and medications.
- Monitor patients’ behavior and if needed, de-escalate high-risk situations
- Participate in the management of psychiatric and medical emergencies
- Assess and evaluate patients who have behavioral health issues and chart significant changes in the patient’s condition
- Administer medications and treatments
- Produce care plans and risk assessments for your patients
We are most interested in applicants who meet the following qualifications:
- Have a valid Washington State license to practice as a Registered Nurse OR the ability to obtain a valid Washington State RN license by the start of employment
Our Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) mission to Transform Lives requires that we come together with a sense of belonging, common purpose, shared values and meaningful work. It is crucial to our agency’s mission that you bring an equity, anti-racism and social justice commitment to your work with DSHS. We strive to create greater access and affirming representation of the communities we serve, including Black, Indigenous and People of Color, people with physical, behavioral health, and intellectual disabilities, elders, LGBTQIA+ individuals, immigrants and refugees, and families building financial security.
Questions? Please contact Sharon.firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job number 10922.
NOTE: Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14 (Download PDF reader) state employees must be fully vaccinated. Your vaccine status will be verified. Please note medical or religious accommodation may be available, once an offer of employment is made.