US Government, Dept. of Social and Health Services
DSHS SCC Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner
The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Special Commitment Center (SCC) is seeking several Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner to lead our team. You’ll establish workflow, align policies and procedures with best practices in the medical field, and most importantly, consistently communicate with a team of professionals.
Reporting to the Medical Director, you’ll perform examinations, establish diagnoses and determine appropriate treatment or referral for medical concerns, manage the day-to-day operations of the medical clinic through active supervision of the nursing staff. You’ll perform admission and annual physical exams with POLST update on assigned residents, attend to residents’ medical care needs on a scheduled and urgent need basis, you’ll share physician on-call duties during the day, and call duties after administrative hours and weekends.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Serve as a practitioner and provide consultation, medication evaluation, and management to a range of patients;
- Communicates with outside consultants and hospitals to ensure continuity of care and proper medical management;
- Reviews Medical packets from consultants, labs, radiology services, hospitals, and others
- Actively participate with SCC treatment teams and respond to communications from those teams;
- Participate in Medical Utilization review committee and other committee meetings as needed;
- Responds and assists the Discharge planning team, Clinical Psychology team, and Forensic Psychology team with answering Medical assessment questions;
- Assist in Covid (and other communicable diseases) contact tracing;
- Conduct medical evaluation and treatment including medical history, physical examination, diagnostic work-up, evaluation of laboratory tests, formulation of treatment, and appropriate consultation with outside agencies;
- Performs examinations/evaluations, establishes diagnoses and determines appropriate treatment or referral for medical/behavioral problems.
- Carries out treatment or case management plans to include referral to other health professionals, patient education, prescribing medicine (with prescriptive authority) including legend drugs and controlled substances (Schedule II-V); prescribing medical devices, medication administration, and/or preventive treatment.
- Reviews treatment plans, medical records, diagnoses, and patient-release proposals for quality and adherence to institution policy;
- Reviews patient information and interprets findings on the basis of general medical knowledge;
- Takes extensive personal health and medical history, both general and specific;
- Refer cases to physicians for conditions outside of their ability to diagnose or treat;
What we are looking for:
- A professional with a license or is eligible to obtain a Washington State license to practice as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and the ability to work collaboratively with a variety of community support systems are essential;
Our Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) mission to Transform Lives requires that we come together with a sense of belonging, common purpose, shared values and meaningful work. It is crucial to our agency’s mission that you bring an equity, anti-racism and social justice commitment to your work with DSHS. We strive to create greater access and affirming representation of the communities we serve, including Black, Indigenous and People of Color, people with physical, behavioral health, and intellectual disabilities, elders, LGBTQIA+ individuals, immigrants and refugees, and families building financial security.
If you have questions any questions, email the Recruiter Grant Grady at email@example.com reference 03197.
Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14 (Download PDF reader) state employees must be fully vaccinated. Your vaccine status will be verified. Please note medical or religious accommodation may be available, once an offer of employment is made.