The Department of Justice, Office of Attorney General, Jeff Landry, is seeking applications for an Investigator/Special Agent. This position may be filled as a Nurse and/or Investigative Analyst, depending on the level of experience of the selected applicant(s). Salary offered will be commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate selected. The position domicile is TBD. Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background check, drug screening and reference verifications.
Please note: For recruitment purposes, many vacancies may be filled from the same posting.
Medicaid Fraud Control Unit:
The Louisiana Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU) is a state law enforcement agency, and it’s mission is to investigate and prosecute health care providers who have defrauded the Medicaid program. The MFCU also investigates and prosecutes allegations of abuse, and neglect of residents in health care facilities.
The MFCU utilizes a team-based approach to uncover abuse and neglect of residents and complex financial fraud committed by healthcare providers, including hospitals, nursing homes, pharmacies, physicians, dentists, nurses, and other Medicaid providers. The MFCU holds offenders accountable through criminal prosecution and civil litigation. From inception through disposition, the nurse will assist attorneys, investigators and forensic auditors in criminal and civil investigations and prosecutions.
To Apply: Click on the “Apply” link above and complete an electronic application which may be used for this vacancy as well as future job opportunities.
Applicants may check the status of their application at any time by selecting the “Application Status” link after logging into their account. Below are the most common status messages and their meanings:
- Application Received – Your application has been submitted successfully.
- Evaluating Experience – Your application is being reviewed by Human Resources to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications for this position.
- Eligible for Consideration – You are among a group of applicants who MAY be selected for this position.
- Referred to the Hiring Manager for Review – Your application has been delivered to the hiring manager. You may or may not be called for an interview.
- Position Filled – Someone has been selected for the position.
- Position Canceled – The agency has decided not to fill the position.
Resumes will be accepted as an attachment to your application; however, all relevant education and experience must be included at the time you apply.
HR Generalist C
Phone: (225) 326-6728
Fax: (225) 326-6795