Do you love planning and carrying out group recreational activities?
Can you see yourself planning leisure/recreational activities to help treat the mentally ill?
We are recruiting for a Licensed Recreational Therapist!!
As a Recreational Therapist at the Utah State Hospital, you will prepare and recommend therapeutic, leisure, and diversionary recreation activities for patients residing at this facility.
- Performs recreational therapy assessments
- Implements recreational therapy programs for individual patients
- Prepares and recommends therapeutic recreation activities
- Develop new ideas and contribute to USH recreational programs
- Provide high quality recreation therapy groups
The Ideal Candidate
- Has professional experience working with mentally ill patients/clients.
- Has professional work experience in a direct patient care setting for mentally ill patients or clients.
- Must be licensed as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (TRS) or Master Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (MTRS) with the UTAH Division of Occupational Professional Licensing (DOPL)
If you would like additional information, please contact Julie Varoz, Recreational Director, (801) 344-4400 or (358) 625-6941
Currently, there are openings in the following treatment areas:
Pediatric Unit: Do you have a special interest in working with youth? Our pediatric units treat children and adolescents ages 5 – 18 who have been diagnosed with mental illness. The therapist in this position will conduct recreational therapy assessments, implement therapy programs for patients, and prepare therapeutic recreation activities.
Forensic Unit: Are you interested in the challenge of helping individuals with mental illness who also have criminal charges? The therapist in this position will conduct recreational therapy assessments, implement therapy programs for patients, and prepare therapeutic recreation activities.
Why You Should Join Our Team
In addition to working in a state-of-the-art Psychiatric Hospital with highly skilled clinicians who provide state-of-the-art programming to the individuals we treat, you will receive great health and retirement benefits. We provide generous paid time off so you will have a positive work-life balance. You can find out more about the state benefits offered here.
Joining our team will allow you to teach recreation and leisure skills in a safe and respectful environment to promote hope and quality of life for individuals with mental illness. You will be meeting these needs in a Hospital that is fully accredited from the Joint Commission and Centers for Medicaid and Medicare, certifying the high quality of the Hospital’s environment and treatment programs.
Utah State Hospital provides a safe and healing environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. It is our purpose to assist patients to reach their potential, through individualized treatment, with a high value being placed on meeting the needs of each patient in a humanistic, caring and professional manner.
You can find more information about the Utah State Hospital here.