US Government, Department of Mental Health-DIS Columbia
- Full Time
***THIS POSITION IS REPOSTED – Previous applicants are still under consideration and do not need to reapply***
With our Agency’s mission to support the recovery of people with mental illnesses, we provide a complete array of medical and support services for children, adults, and families throughout South Carolina.
This position is located at the Department of Mental Health, Division of Inpatient Services to include: G. Werber Bryan Psychiatric Hospital Adult/Forensics, Morris Village, William S. Hall Psychiatric Hospital.
As the Registered Nurse II/Infection Control Nurse, working under general supervision of the Nurse Administrator/Manager I (Infection Control Manager), you will serve as the Infection Control Practitioner for the Division of Inpatient Services.
Responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
- Implements infection control prevention and control practices.
- Performs surveillance to monitor effectiveness of prevention and control strategies.
- Serves as an educational resource for Infection Prevention and Control.
- Implements infection prevention and control practices.
- Integrates the infection prevention and control program into the DIS Performance Management and Improvement Plan.
- Provides consultation and guidance in infection prevention and control.