US Government, Department of Mental Health-DIS Columbia
- Full Time
With our Agency’s mission to support the recovery of people with mental illnesses, we provide a complete array of medical and support services for children, adults, and families throughout South Carolina.
This position is located at the Department of Mental Health, Division of Inpatient Services (DIS), G. Werber Bryan Psychiatric Hospital (BPH), Columbia, SC 29203.
As the Social Worker IV/Discharge Coordinator, under limited supervision and general guidance from the Director of Social Work or designee, you will perform diversified social work duties specially related to discharge coordination for clients on the BPH Adult Campus (an inpatient population, 18 years of age and older).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- You will provide oversight for tracking discharges for BPH patients, acts as liaison between BPH Social Work staff and Community Mental Health/Transition Specialists to coordinate discharges and placements with community partners.
- Develops and maintains streamline process to manage the discharge continuum and assist with placement as appropriate.
- Assists with coordinating the Forensic Review Board, completing Forensic Review Board Reports as appropriate and generating other assigned reports to track outcomes.
- May have supervisory duties if required.
- You will assist with monitoring the benefits status of each adult patient moving towards discharge.
- Provides ongoing oversight of discharge barriers for adult patients and working with other disciplines and community partners to alleviate them.
- Facilitate weekly discharge review meetings with Social Worker staff on each unit and maintain the spreadsheet detailing each patient’s position in the discharge process.
- Meets bi-weekly with Transition Specialists to staff patients in the discharge process.
- Meets with community stakeholders as needed, to provide education of patient’s needs and challenges in support of a move towards a return to the community.
- You will provide weekly discharge status reports to leadership and manage the internal movement sheet for weekly discharges.