US Government, 045-WYDOT-Chief Engineer - District Construction
- Full Time
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is now seeking a full-time Construction and Field Survey Technician located in Riverton, Wyoming.
Riverton is located in central Wyoming near the Wind River Mountains and three hours southeast of Yellowstone National Park. You can enjoy fishing, hunting, gambling, and hot air ballooning, among other activities. Central Wyoming College is located in Riverton and offers a wide variety of programs for all ages. Wyoming is one of seven states with no income tax. View the following link to find out more about Riverton and the surrounding areas: https://www.rivertonchamber.org/
Under limited supervision, the Construction and Field Survey Technician will perform various duties, including surveys and inspections on preliminary designs and construction projects, and conduct material testing to provide a safe, high-quality, and efficient transportation system for the State of Wyoming.
Human Resource Contact: Kari Davis firstname.lastname@example.org 307-568-3427
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Inspects construction projects.
- Prepare, review, maintain, and file construction project records, estimates, and reports.
- Perform topographic surveys.
- Conducts aggregate gradation testing, density testing for earthwork and surfacing, and concrete testing.
- Performs survey tasks such as drive stakes, hubs, hold tapes, hold the rod, and instrument operation.
- Performs minor surveying computations such as slopes, areas, volumes, cuts, fills, etc.
- Inspects pipe backfill and fill construction.
- Inspects paving operation to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Performs minor engineering computations such as areas, volumes, material spread rates, etc.
- Tests, samples, and reports materials proposed to be used in construction projects.
- Reviews and learns test methods, manuals, and procedures.
- Performs basic engineering calculations.
- Performs testing and sampling on bridges and roadways for analysis.
- Reviews and learns traffic control methods, manuals, and procedures.
- Sets up, maintains, and removes a safe traffic control plan under live traffic conditions.
- Maintains traffic control devices in the field; performs traffic control duties.
- Assist in the investigation of existing roadways for forensic study.
- Assists in gathering samples, providing a safe working zone, flagging, etc.
- Ensures that proper equipment and supplies are loaded and in good working condition.
- Performs more complex lab tests of samples and documents results for QA/QC purposes.
- Serves as a technical resource for other employees; attends and completes all designated training sessions to maintain required certifications, performs inspections.
- Communicates both internally and externally regarding project information and courses of action/consequences on smaller projects.
- Oversee smaller projects and/or components of larger projects.
- Assists in permitting processes to obtain water, gravel, plant site, and surveying agreements and aids in the renewal and file maintenance of these agreements.