The Wyoming Game and Fish Department is seeking a Facility Maintenance Specialist to conduct maintenance and operations of all aspects of the Laramie Regional Office and Forensics/Fish Health Lab buildings and grounds; conduct general upkeep, custodial, and maintenance services; act as the agency representative overseeing the performance of contracts and preparing bid specifications. Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine semi-skilled maintenance for the regional facilities; ensures that facilities are available for use and consistently maintained in a safe and clean condition.
Human Resource Contact: Laura Curtis 307-777-4507 email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Areas of responsibility include carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical trades work. Operates a variety of maintenance and cleaning tools and equipment; and performs related work as required.
- Assembles, repairs, maintains and moves furniture, such as desks, cabinets, tables, chairs, shelves, and related fittings and fixtures.
- Conducts routine inspections and maintenance of sophisticated heating/air conditioning equipment, electrical, fire alarm systems, elevators, hoist, walk-in coolers/freezers, reverse osmosis, and water softener ensures proper maintenance schedules are upheld; identifies and reports complex maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Monitors and maintains multiple complex HVAC systems physically and with computerized Metasys monitoring systems.
- Inspects facilities and grounds for public safety and security; identifies and reports hazardous conditions and facility maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Follows safe working practices and makes appropriate use of related safety equipment as required.
- Oversees services provided by independent contractors.
- Performs routine custodial services including, but not limited to, daily cleaning of restrooms, flooring, vacuuming, and trash disposal.
- Performs and oversees lawn and landscape services, including mowing, trimming, raking, fertilizing, and watering utilizing an automatic underground system.
- Responsible for noxious weed control; maintains a record of pesticide applications.
- Performs regular cleaning of windows, carpets, tile, and countertops.
- Maintains and does minor repairs on equipment, snow blower, lawn mowers, and other equipment and tools.
- Assist with structural pest control measures.
- Monitors inventory, orders supplies, maintains purchase records within authorized budgets and completes some fiscal processing.
- Maintains Material Safety Data Sheets and Hazard Communication Program for the facility.
- Removes ice and snow with agency-provided tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Works approximately 40 hours per week.