US Government, 077-ETS - Office of Chief Information Officer
- Full Time
The ETS Security Team is responsible for providing effective cyber security for all Executive Branch agencies; however, the scope of work does not stop there. The Team also provides overwatch and support for elected officials, local and city government, school districts, and higher education. The Cyber Security team serves the important role of protecting critical data including personally identifiable information (PII), protected health information (PHI), criminal justice (CJIS) data, intellectual property, and governmental and industry information systems from theft and damage attempted by criminals and adversaries.
Human Resource Contact: Jennifer Erickson, Jennifer.Erickson1@wyo.gov, 307-275-5114
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Monitor State of Wyoming systems and networks for potential breaches and security violations.
- Coordinate, install, and configure hardware used to protect sensitive information.
- Perform impact analysis and generate IOC and hunt packets from forensic and malware analysis.
- Scanning assets using both internal and external tools to provide feedback on system vulnerabilities. This also includes having the knowledge to discuss vulnerabilities with organizations to help them work through the remediation process.
- Using information generated from other security processes and from external sources, threat hunting is proactively searching for signs of compromise that have not yet risen to a level of concern that would generate an alert.
- Policy and compliance support. Assist in policy development as well as in ensuring that compliance items are built into the appropriate agency policies to include support for security audits.
- Assisting other teams in developing secure deployment strategies of systems, networks, and tools to help agencies fulfill their business objectives.