US Government, Dept. of Social and Health Services
- Full Time
DSHS BHA Administrative Assistant 3
Are you an administrative professional who thrives in a fast paced, detail-oriented environment and are looking to provide high-level organizational excellence? Are you a team player with a positive attitude? If you are someone who enjoys solving puzzles, loves to learn, is organized, finds multi-tasking to be energizing and loves staying busy, this may be the job you have been searching for.
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services’ Behavioral Health Administration (BHA) is seeking an temporary Administrative Assistant 3 to join their team for six months. This role is located within the Office of Forensic Mental Health Services (OFMHS) in Olympia, WA.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Assist and coordinate with the administrative assistance 5
- Prepare agendas and handouts; documenting, providing, reviewing, proofreading, and formatting documents
- Monitor inbox emails
- Scheduling meetings from multiple calendars and serving as a backup to other administrative assistants
- Maintain and track assignments, ensure all deadlines and deliverable services are met
- Prepare official communication documents
- Work with a variety of supervisors and administrators
- Completing high-priority work within required timelines
What we’re looking for:
- Three or more years of progressively responsible, recent experience providing professional-level administrative support to a senior-level manager and supporting others in completing work
- Knowledge of administrative procedures, research and data collection, and state agency functional and personnel policies
- Organizational skills, including, but not limited to, the ability to prioritize work, find information quickly, complete work and return to critical tasks in the midst of multiple interruptions, and multi-task and handle issues quickly but accurately
- Ability to independently manage time and tasks
- Ability and experience composing, editing, and proofreading professional communication materials
- Intermediate to advanced experience using Word, Excel, TRACKS, Outlook, SharePoint, NEOGOV
- Supporting multiple organizations and statewide administrators
- Excellent writing communication skills desired
Who should apply?
Those with a High School Diploma or GED and three years of progressively responsible experience in office/clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting, or general administrative work.
Previous or current state experience preferred.
Our Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) mission to Transform Lives requires that we come together with a sense of belonging, common purpose, shared values and meaningful work. It is crucial to our agency’s mission that you bring an equity, anti-racism and social justice commitment to your work with DSHS. We strive to create greater access and affirming representation of the communities we serve, including Black, Indigenous and People of Color, people with physical, behavioral health, and intellectual disabilities, elders, LGBTQIA+ individuals, immigrants and refugees, and families building financial security.
Questions? Please DSHS Recruiter by email and reference job number 13247.
NOTE: Per Governor Inslees’ Proclamation 21-14 (Download PDF reader) state employees must be fully vaccinated. Your vaccine status will be verified. Please note medical or religious accommodation may be available, once an offer of employment is made.