US Government, Dept. of Social and Health Services
DSHS BHA Forensic Psychologist
What inspired you to be a Psychologist? Make a difference. Work that matters.
Work in a collegial environment and become an integral member of a dedicated team committed to completing various forensic evaluations, including a focus on competency to stand trial evaluations. It is an ideal atmosphere to use and further develop your psychological and evaluator expertise. You and your team will receive tremendous support from The Behavioral Health Administration (BHA), Office of Forensic Mental Health Services (OFMHS). Work involves completing evaluations for the court that range in degrees of complexity. Additional potential opportunities include: working with interns and postdocs, participating in training, being involved with legislative processes, providing court testimony, and mentoring new staff members.
In addition to living in the wonderful state of Washington and its natural beauty, receive a comprehensive medical benefits package, pension plan, and opportunities to grow and advance. We have openings in the greater Spokane and Tri-Cites areas and support a hybrid work model.
This position is for eastern Washington. Watch the video below to learn more about why people like you chose a career with DSHS:
Some of what you will do
- Complete forensic evaluations mostly focused on competency to stand trial but also evaluations related to mental state at the time of the offense
- Work, consult, and collaborate with forensic evaluators across the state of Washington
- Opportunities to testify, present educational/informative trainings to external partners, serve as training faculty for the intern and/or postdoctoral training programs
We are looking for
- A Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) or Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology (Ph.D.)
- Licensed or eligible to obtain a license in Washington to practice psychology
- Post-doctoral psychology experience
- Strong clinical and forensic skills
- Experience with psychometric testing, instruments used to assess feigning, competency, and risk assessment measures
- Interest in writing evidence based, concise evaluations and providing expert testimony
- Establish collegial relationships with internal and external partners
When applying, we ask that you please provide a Forensic Evaluation. This should include a referral source and question, the background of the patient/client, diagnostic formulation, and an opinion/recommendation section.
Our Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) mission to Transform Lives requires that we come together with a sense of belonging, common purpose, shared values and meaningful work. It is crucial to our agency’s mission that you bring an equity, anti-racism and social justice commitment to your work with DSHS. We strive to create greater access and affirming representation of the communities we serve, including Black, Indigenous and People of Color, people with physical, behavioral health, and intellectual disabilities, elders, LGBTQIA+ individuals, immigrants and refugees, and families building financial security.
Questions? Contact email@example.com and reference job number 01733
Employees of the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of your vaccine status. Please note medical or religious accommodation may be available once an offer of employment is made.