US Government, Dept. of Social and Health Services
DSHS BHA IT Network Administrator Senior Specialist
The Behavioral Health Administration’s is seeking an expert Network Administrator to join our team in Lacey. This is an opportunity to use your IT skills to provide advanced technical assistance and resolve complex tasks. You’ll serve as a senior level Network Administrator for BHA HQ IT. This position supports BHA mission critical enterprise environments including on-prem 2019 SharePoint farm, Forensic Data System (FDS), pharmacy, dietetics, and Hospital Acuity Resource Tool (HART).
You’ll be the highest technical authority and single-point-of-failure for BHA IT HQ Operations fulfilling network and system administration and data management tasks in support of carrying out the BHA mission. Join us in our mission to Transform Lives by supporting sustainable recovery, independence, and wellness.
This position is eligible for remote and / or compressed schedules.
Some of what you’ll be doing:
- Administer, install, diagnose and repair all network hardware
- Provide technical consulting and oversight on SCCM, Active Directory (AD), Group Policy, Windows server operating systems, Windows Hyper-V, DHCP, IIS, SharePoint, File and print services, Windows Software Update Services, SQL, M365 and Microsoft Cloud.
- Manage the BHA HQ network environment and network resources.
- Manage the BHA HQ and offsite workstation patching software to ensure security compliance
- Ensure all server environment requirements are maintained.
What we’re looking for:
- Advanced Ethernet networking principles, physical networking practice, and TCPIP
- Advanced Microsoft server operating systems – Windows Server 2008 through 2019
- Advanced Microsoft Active Directory typical management tools (ADUC, GPMC)
- Advanced Microsoft workstation operating systems (Windows 7 through Windows 10)
- Advanced Microsoft Office 2010 and higher Business management
- Advanced remote desktop and remote Assist utility programs
- Advanced SCCM knowledge
- Research skills – ability to research issues, equipment, and technology.
- Leadership, diplomacy, coaching.
Who should apply?
A Bachelor’s degree or above with major emphasis in network administration and information security
8 years of consultative, administrative, or leadership experience in information technology, network administration, system maintenance, or IT systems troubleshooting / problem resolution experience.
At least 4 years of experience managing both Microsoft Active Directory in a complex, multi-tiered, federated environment and building / maintaining computer images using Windows Deployment Services.
*Additional years or relevant experience and/or education may substitute for the degree.
Please include the following with your application:
- A resume
- A cover letter
- Contact information for three professional references.
Questions about 02834? Contact Joshua.Shawhan@dshs.wa.gov.
Per Governor Inslees’ Proclamation 21-14 (Download PDF reader) state employees must be fully vaccinated. Your vaccine status will be verified. Please note medical or religious accommodation may be available, once an offer of employment is made.