US Government, Dept. of Social and Health Services
- Full Time
Office Assistant 3
If you enjoy being a resource for your colleagues and providing an excellent customer service experience, this is the job for you. Be part of our team and put your clerical skills to work in a complex mental health support arena.
This Office Assistant 3 is part of the Forensic Order Processing and Referral team in the Office of Forensic Mental Health Services (OFMHS), located in Tacoma, WA. Using your exceptional multi-tasking, organizational, and communication skills, you will ensure operations are running smoothly and efficiently as possible. As part of this team, you will processes court orders into the Forensic Database System and distribute them appropriately for completion. This role is critical in meeting deadlines and ensuring documents are entered accurately for processing.
This is a great opportunity to join us in our mission of Transforming Lives!
Pierce county employees are eligible to receive an Orca card for transportation needs.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Process forensic services and outpatient orders for forensic evaluations
- Retrieve forensic court orders and supporting discovery
- Review court orders and supporting documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Visually scan the order for the type of service ordered, and requirements for special services
- Complete a search of legal history in the W.A.T.C.H database
- Complete a search for enrollment in the Washington State developmental disabilities database and prints indicated records
- Enter the defendant demographic and order information into the appropriate system records database
- Contact the court, prosecuting, and defense attorneys to request court orders and discovery documents
- Filing inpatient and outpatient orders
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders regarding departmental services and procedures
What we’re looking for:
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in office/clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting, or general administrative work, education will substitute year-for-year experience
- Understanding of and adherence to Federal (HIPPAA)
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Remain focused and motivated while performing multiple, repetitive assignments
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
Along with your application, please include:
- A cover letter that details your experiences and interest in joining our team
- Three current professional references, one being a previous supervisor and a current supervisor
Our Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) mission to Transform Lives requires that we come together with a sense of belonging, common purpose, shared values, and meaningful work. It is crucial to our agency’s mission that you bring equity, anti-racism, and social justice commitment to your work with DSHS. We strive to create greater access and affirming representation of the communities we serve, including Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, people with physical, behavioral health, and intellectual disabilities, elders, LGBTQIA+ individuals, immigrants and refugees, and families building financial security.
Employees of the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Any offer of employment is contingent upon verification of your vaccine status. Please note medical or religious accommodation may be available once an offer of employment is made.
Questions? Please contact DSHS Recruiter by email and reference #03561.