US Government, Dept. of Social and Health Services
DSHS’s Behavioral Health Administration is seeking a Primary Care Provider to join our team at Eastern State Hospital. Our goal is to hire for dedicated and dynamic family medicine provider or internist who is comfortable working in an inpatient psychiatric setting.
Working closely with multiple disciplines, you’ll have an influential voice advocating for the physical and medical needs of the people we serve. You’ll provide treatment to a small adult patient population that includes a variety of forensic, geriatric, and disability challenges. As a ESH Physician, you’ll build relationships with patients and provide patient-focused medical care with the goal of healthy discharge into the resident’s community.
Your role within the hospital:
- Direct, review and provide primary medical assessment, diagnosis, and treatment services to patients; prescribe necessary medication
- Perform admission and physical examinations; evaluation of laboratory tests
- Provide preventative maintenance care; formulate treatment plans
- Review medical histories, diagnostic tests, medication regime, and clinical diagnostic procedures
- Perform daily rounds and assess and treat onset of new medical problems
- Implement health prevention guidelines and coordinate referrals to team members as specialty consultants
- Perform minor surgical procedures, deliver emergency medical responses and mortality and morbidity reviews
What makes Eastern State Hospital an employer of choice for Physicians:
- Relocation assistance by request
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription drug plans
- $5,000 annual allowance for CME
- Employee representation and/or indemnification provided by the state
- Tuition reimbursement up to $25,000 for qualifying employees
- Eligible for benefits immediately
- Deferred compensation program
- Optimal work/life balance
Opportunities performed on-site at this work location at least three days a week may be eligible for an additional 5% premium pay in addition to the advertised salary.
What we are looking for:
A valid license to practice medicine and surgery in the State of Washington or ability to obtain one.
Eligible for certification from a program accredited by the American Board of Medical specialties
Interested? Please attach or send a resume or CV to Jourdan.Phipps@dshs.wa.gov
Our Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) mission to Transform Lives requires that we come together with a sense of belonging, common purpose, shared values and meaningful work. It is crucial to our agency’s mission that you bring an equity, anti-racism and social justice commitment to your work with DSHS. We strive to create greater access and affirming representation of the communities we serve, including Black, Indigenous and People of Color, people with physical, behavioral health, and intellectual disabilities, elders, LGBTQIA+ individuals, immigrants and refugees, and families building financial security.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, you are encouraged to contact the Recruiter, by email at Jourdan.Phipps@dshs.wa.gov or by phone (360) 995-2275 and reference 09063.
Medical Lake is located near Spokane which presents the ideal place to live, work, play, and be a part of a community. Outdoor activities are especially plentiful given the area’s natural beauty and its four seasons. No matter if you love the city life or nature, Spokane has it all.
As a vibrant city, downtown Spokane is one of the largest cities in Washington state. Exuding urban character and offering top-notch quality of life, such as affordable cost of living, five ski resorts within 1.5 hours of downtown, dozens of lakes within an hour of downtown, and hundreds within 2 hours, five universities and a lively arts, music, and theater scene.