US Government, Dept. of Social and Health Services
Are you Board Certification in Psychiatric Pharmacy or about to finish your Psychiatric Residency (PGY1/2)? Join a highly respected team committed to helping people who have been diagnosed with behavioral health issues at Western State Hospital as a Clinical Pharmacist. You will serve two new inpatient forensic wards that are opening soon.
This clinical role contributes to the quality and effective treatment of patients at Western State Hospital. You will enjoy a variety of work and continuous learning opportunities in a fulfilling career. Your work assists the mission of the Behavioral Health Administration which is to transform lives by supporting sustainable recovery, independence, and wellness.
$10,000 bonus for Board Certification
Some of what you will do
- Provide comprehensive clinical pharmacy services to aid in the recovery process of Western State Hospital Forensic patients by partnering with multidisciplinary treatment teams to monitor patient medications and treatment outcomes – Treatment teams consist of a psychiatrist/ARNP, nurse, psychologist, social worker, and internist
- Provide clinical pharmacy services and ensure appropriate drug therapy
- Provide comprehensive information to medical staff
- May participate in interdisciplinary committees. Participate in Pharmacy & Therapeutics activities such as annual formulary review and Drug Use Evaluation
Who should apply
- Professionals with a valid Washington State license to practice pharmacy, or eligibility to obtain licensure within 90 days of employment
- And, graduation from an accredited college of pharmacy with a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D) degree
- And, completion of a Psychiatric Pharmacy Residency Program (if residency is nearly completed, please note this on your application)
Additional knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Board Certification in Psychiatric Pharmacy is preferred
- Hospital Pharmacy experience is preferred
See why people like you chose careers with DSHS.
This job’s schedule is Monday through Friday, 7:30 am-4:00 pm.
Interested? Apply today and include resume/CV.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org about 13202 or phone Jenny at 360-725-5848. To learn more about DSHS, go to www.dshs.wa.gov.
Our Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) mission to Transform Lives requires that we come together with a sense of belonging, common purpose, shared values and meaningful work. It is crucial to our agency’s mission that you bring an equity, anti-racism and social justice commitment to your work with DSHS. We strive to create greater access and affirming representation of the communities we serve, including Black, Indigenous and People of Color, people with physical, behavioral health, and intellectual disabilities, elders, LGBTQIA+ individuals, immigrants and refugees, and families building financial security.
Per Governor Inslees’ Proclamation 21-14 (Download PDF reader) state employees must be fully vaccinated. Your vaccine status will be verified. Please note medical or religious accommodation may be available, once an offer of employment is made.