US Government, 048-Behavioral Health Division - Wyoming State Hospital
- Full Time
The Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) is seeking an experienced, caring, dynamic, and dedicated individual to fill the at-will position of the Wyoming State Hospital (WSH) Administrator in Evanston, Wyoming; a 104 bed acute care psychiatric and forensic hospital. This position will plan and direct all daily operations at the WSH. This position works with medical, nursing, clinical and business operations staff, and on all program issues related to the care of patients with mental illness at the WSH. This position will coordinate with community mental health centers and as an integral part of the Mental Health and Substance Abuse system of a care plan.
Human Resource Contact: Brenda Hales / firstname.lastname@example.org / 307-444-0791
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Provides leadership and strategic direction for the day-to-day operation of the 24/7 Wyoming State Hospital with 365 employees and 104 inpatient beds; oversees and supervises executive level personnel including Medical Director, Director of Nursing, Business Manager, Director of Social Work and Director of Risk Management.
- Works closely with local community hospitals, law enforcement, and other agencies that directly interact with the Wyoming State Hospital.
- Accountable for planning, directing, leading, and evaluating all operations for the facility.
- Formulates policies and ensures compliance with regulatory provisions, planning, setting goals, managing daily operations, human resources, and budget; performs these functions to achieve optimum patient treatment, maintain State Licensure and Medicare and Medicaid certification.
- Oversees budget preparation and capital outlay requests; determines how budget monies are spent based on priority needs.
- Makes regular decisions to implement or delete policies, procedures, or programs and to make purchases of equipment or services.
- Establishes department duties and responsibilities when legislation requires program change.
- Works with legislators and legislative committees to establish a legal framework for the operation of the comprehensive system of mental health services including the state psychiatric hospital.
- Directs and oversees the Performance Improvement Program, Risk management, Infection Control, Utilization Review Committee, and Medical Executive Committee ensuring the Wyoming State Hospital is in compliance with all policies, plans, and regulations.
- Responsible for the physical plant of the state psychiatric hospital including recommendations for construction, remodeling, and maintenance, as well as oversight of projects arising from this responsibility.
- Directs, instructs, counsels, and guides supervisory and management level subordinate employees.
- Acts as a leader of management meetings to set policy, solve problems, formulate direction, appoint committees, and meet the strategic goals of the facility.
- Gives and receives information at the executive level of authority.
- Prepares reports on operations as requested, and legislative reports as required.
- Participates in court hearings, as required.
- Other duties as directed by the Senior Administrator and/or designee.