US Government, State Fire Marshal
- Full Time
The Nebraska State Fire Marshal Agency currently has one open position for a Fire Investigations Assistant that possesses excellent organizational skills and the disposition to work well with other teammates and the public. This position will include both office clerical duties and fieldwork. Under general supervision of the Investigations Chief, the position will provide vital operations assistance to the Investigations Division that requires a smooth and seamless transition of duties from an office setting to fire scene fieldwork, at times outside normal business hours. The position is subject to call and requires after hour responses, therefore residency to be located within close proximity to Lincoln or as determined by the Agency.
Before we dive into what we need, let us show off what you get!
• 13 paid holidays
• Vacation and sick leave that begin accruing immediately
• Military leave
• 156% (that’s not a typo!) state-matched retirement
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee assistance program
• 79% employer paid health insurance plans
• Dental and vision insurance plans
• Employer-paid $20,000 life insurance policy
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF) through the Federal government
• Wide variety and availability of career advancement as the largest and most diverse employer in the State
• Opportunity to be part of meaningful work and make a difference through public service
• Training and Development based on your career aspirations
• Fun, inviting teammates
• A safe and secure environment
Hiring rate of pay: $16.33-$18.62 Pay rate may be commensurate with education and/or experience within fiscal constraints, if approved.
Location: Lincoln, NE The position is subject to call outside normal business hours and requires residency to be located within close proximity to Lincoln or as determined by the Agency. Work location will vary from an office setting to field work.
Schedule: This position is subject to call and may be required to work weekends, holidays, and hours other than 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Requires work under adverse weather conditions and some travel with overnight lodging.
At the State, we stand by our core values of treating others with dignity and respect, acting ethically in all situations, and creating an environment where our customer is our top priority. Apply to join our team today!