US Government, Children's Assessment Center
- Full Time
About Harris County Children Assessment Center:
The Children’s Assessment Center (The CAC) provides a safe haven to sexually abused children and their families – a place where they can receive the kind of care and treatment they so richly deserve.
We employ an extraordinarily effective multidisciplinary team approach in the prevention, assessment, investigation, referral for prosecution, and treatment of child sexual abuse. Our goal is to promote the complete healing of child victims of sexual abuse and their families.
Forensic Interviewer Overview:
Primary responsibility of interviewing children alleged to be victims of sexual abuse, exploitation, severe child maltreatment, or witnesses to violent crimes. These children are referred to The CAC by either law enforcement or Children’s Protective Services. Forensic interviewers are specially trained to interview children in a supportive, child-friendly, and non-leading way, while the investigators involved view the interview. The interview is digitally recorded to preserve the child’s disclosure and demeanor, minimizing the number of times the child is interviewed
Duties & Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct Forensic Interviews utilizing a nationally recognized protocol.
- Gather pertinent information during pre and post interview process to conduct comprehensive interviews.
- Attend local, regional and national trainings on interviewing children and child abuse.
- Attend Multidisciplinary case staffing to discuss disclosures.
- Participate in local, regional and national peer review and stay up-to-date on current literature to maintain a high level of interviewing skills.
- Testify as an expert witness in civil and criminal court regarding interviewing children, the process of disclosure and dynamics of child sexual abuse.
- Other duties as assigned:
- This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position.
- Management may, at its discretion, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
NOTE: Criminal and CPS background check required prior to hiring and E-Verify upon hiring. All candidates are screened for the presence of illegal drugs.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.