This position reports to the Chief Toxicologist. The Forensic Toxicology Fellow assists with development and validation of robust analytical methods for toxicological specimens.
- Performs research to advance the forensic toxicology community.
- Pursues relevant grant opportunities.
- Operates laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Performs and documents routine maintenance, troubleshooting and minor repair of analytical devices and instrumentation.
- Performs quality assurance/quality control procedures on reagents, equipment and instruments as necessary.
- Assists in ensuing conformance to laboratory accreditation standards.
- Keeps management abreast of information critical to the proper planning and coordination of laboratory operation and communicates with other lab personnel.
- Attends continuing education/training courses, workshops, seminars, conferences and professional meetings as time and resources allow.
- Other duties as assigned by laboratory management.