US Government, Institute of Forensic Sciences
- Full Time
The Mission of the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences is to provide medical examiner and crime laboratory services of the highest quality in an unbiased manner with uncompromised integrity.
Brief Forensic Transport & Dispatch Technician Overview:
The Forensic Transport & Dispatch Technician responds to medicolegal death scenes, healthcare facilities, and residences throughout Harris County to assist in the investigation and transport of human remains to the Department; processes decedents upon their arrival to the morgue; and triages incoming notification of death calls to dispatch the appropriate response and resources needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responds and drives transport vehicle to identified death scenes, healthcare facilities, and residences throughout Harris County to assist in the investigation and transport human remains to the Department.
- Takes scene photographs.
- Inventories decedent personal property.
- Picks up scene photos, surveillance, body cam footage, hospital / healthcare records, and other documents when needed
- Checks in decedents upon arrival to morgue.
- Takes digital fingerprints of decedents and follows-up with identification as necessary, ensuring decedents are properly identified upon arrival (including rebanding of decedents when needed).
- Performs inventory of decedent prescription medications obtained from scene, healthcare facility, or residence.
- Performs x-rays on decedents as requested
- Answers main Forensic Investigations Division phone line as needed and triages phone calls and notification of death calls; assists funeral homes with death certificate information; completes death inquests; coordinates with organ procurement agencies
- Other Duties as assigned:
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are requested of the employee for this position.
- Management may, at its discretion, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
This position is subject to a criminal history check. Only relevant convictions will be considered and, even when considered, may not automatically disqualify the candidate.