Brief Forensic Transport & Dispatch Technician Overview:
The Forensic Transport & Dispatch Technician responds to medicolegal death scenes, healthcare facilities, and residences throughout Harris County to assist in the investigation and transport of human remains to the Department; processes decedents upon their arrival to the morgue; and triages incoming notification of death calls to dispatch the appropriate response and resources needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responds and drives transport vehicle to identified death scenes, healthcare facilities, and residences throughout Harris County to assist in the investigation and transport human remains to the Department.
- Takes scene photographs.
- Inventories decedent personal property.
- Picks up scene photos, surveillance, body cam footage, hospital / healthcare records, and other documents when needed
- Checks in decedents upon arrival to morgue.
- Takes digital fingerprints of decedents and follows-up with identification as necessary, ensuring decedents are properly identified upon arrival (including rebanding of decedents when needed).
- Performs inventory of decedent prescription medications obtained from scene, healthcare facility, or residence.
- Performs x-rays on decedents as requested
- Answers main Forensic Investigations Division phone line as needed and triages phone calls and notification of death calls; assists funeral homes with death certificate information; completes death inquests; coordinates with organ procurement agencies
- Other Duties as assigned:
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are requested of the employee for this position.
- Management may, at its discretion, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
This position is subject to a criminal history check. Only relevant convictions will be considered and, even when considered, may not automatically disqualify the candidate.