US Government, 048-Behavioral Health Division - Wyoming State Hospital
- Full Time
Open Until Filled
Join our team at the Wyoming State Hospital and fulfill your passion for serving others and making a difference in your community while starting a career in state government. The city of Evanston is a small Rocky Mountain community that is a 45-minute drive from the world-famous ski slopes of Park City, Utah, and 75 minutes away from the metropolitan amenities of Salt Lake City. Evanston’s area is excellent for recreational activities such as hiking, camping, fishing, biking, snowmobiling, and cross-country skiing.
The candidate selected for this position will provide forensic psychological services to the Criminal Justice Unit, including sanity and competency assessment, risk assessment, admission screening, and individual therapy. This position may also provide staff consultation, training, administrative committee/meetings, and other duties as assigned. There may be travel to communities within the state to provide community-based forensic evaluations.
Human Resource Contact: Brenda Hales email@example.com 307-444-0791
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Performs forensic evaluations (primarily competency to stand trial, mental state at the time of offense, and risk assessments) as ordered by the Court.
- Provides oral and written testimony to the Court.
- Writes reports to the Court.
- Provides and interprets psychological testing, including evaluating mental illness, intelligence, personality, and neuropsychological functioning.
- Confers with officers of the Court, attorneys, physicians, nurses, and other disciplines.