Information Technology Services is a team of dedicated professionals providing core technology and cybersecurity services to agencies statewide, enabling state employees to serve Idaho’s citizens. We sincerely hope you will consider being part of our success.
Information Technology Services (ITS), currently has an opening for an Information Security Engineer Level II position in our Chinden office in Boise. This position provides critical support to agencies in the management and fulfillment of eDiscovery requests, Public Records Requests, Compliance scanning, data classification and data permissions management.
The selected individual must possess an in-depth knowledge of data management, data security, data classification and data access tools and classification methods. This position will define, setup, manage and administer data automation tools used to conduct in-depth analysis of data repositories for the purpose of responding quickly and accurately to eDiscovery requests, Public Records requests, and Compliance Audit requests. In addition, this role will analyze, update, and implement access and permissions to agency data, as well as to maintain an overall data classification profile on multi-agency information.
This job announcement will remain open until the position has been filled. Applications will be reviewed periodically as they are received. Applicants are encouraged to apply and submit their applications as soon as possible.
The ideal candidate would have the following interpersonal and skills and qualifications:
- Excellent time management skills;
- Good understanding of basic legal requirements related to eDiscovery, Public Records Request and Information Confidentiality;
- Good knowledge of chain-of-custody concepts as it pertains to chain-of-custody requirements as it pertains to information forensics, integrity and evidence gathering;
- Ability to work as part of a team is essential;
- One or more of the following cybersecurity accreditations, Security + CISSP, CHFI;
- On-time and consistent attendance at the nominated workplace is essential;
- Face-to-face interaction with customers, staff and management is required;
- Ability to interact in a non-partisan manner when working in political environments or when involved in political activities is required;
- Excellent writing and grammar skills are essential;
- Must be able to work as part of an on-call, 24/7 shift rotation schedule;
- Ability to work long hours, holidays and weekends;
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and work to tight timelines.
- Excellent low-cost Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Participation in one of the nation’s best state retirement systems PERSI Retirement
- Generous vacation and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start
- Eleven paid holidays a year
- Multiple savings plans, including optional 401k & Deferred Compensation plans
- Group Life Insurance/Disability Insurance/Supplemental Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Benefits Summary (Download PDF reader)
Please note: The successful candidate MUST pass a national level, fingerprint-based background check, including multiple agency specific background checks specific to handling of sensitive information related to CJIS, HIPPA, FTI, PCI and other information requiring a very high level of confidentiality.