US Government, Information Technology
Serves as a senior expert in the field of cyber security and privacy with the Information Security Office, assessing cyber threats, responding to cyber incidents and agency inquiries, while implementing and administering cyber security tools and systems to ensure secure enterprise-wide IT operations, performance, data, and resiliency.
- Implement, administer, and support security systems to include host endpoint protection, data loss prevention, network-based intrusion detection and prevention systems, application layer firewalls, vulnerability management, forensics utilities, and other infrastructure deployed and maintained by the ISO.
- Participate in internal and third-party security assessments and audits requiring interaction with agencies to remediate discovered system vulnerabilities.
- Administer and use a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system and other security dashboards to monitor, research, and respond to cyber security related events and incidents due to data loss or system breach, malicious code, system configuration, or other issues.
- Coordinate daily with other Department of Information Technology (DIT) divisions and Agency Information Security Coordinators and IT Analysts, and external entities.
- Participate in fulfilling data searches to include legal electronic files preservation, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), other data requests, investigations, and forensics.
- Act as a general technical and operational advisor for cyber security on behalf of the ISO.
- Stay abreast of current and evolving cyber security trends and seek to acquire or maintain industry certifications.
- Support and respond to emergency IT events and support county emergency operations center activations as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.