US Government, Department of Mental Health-DIS Columbia
- Full Time
This position is located at the Department of Mental Health, Division of Inpatient Services, 220 Faison Drive and 7901 Farrow Road, Columbia, SC 29203.
With our Agency’s mission to support the recovery of people with mental illnesses, we provide a complete array of medical and support services for children, adults, and families throughout South Carolina.
As the Library Specialist, you will assist with providing technical support and direct serviced to patients and staff related to availability, use and access of documents and resource materials. Maintains a collection of books, journals, periodicals, electronic resources and documents for both patient and staff use. Performs duties that include cataloging, the acquisition of records and materials and maintenance of circulation files.
Responsibilities also include but not limited to:
- You will act as a resource assistant for active treatment services across all disciplines of the Professional and Clinical Services Department. You will guide staff in location and retrieval of materials.
- You will assess utilization of library sponsored activities, library space, materials and equipment, customer satisfaction on periodic basis.
- You will maintain community resource brochures.
- You will assist with planning, providing and conducting literary and educational groups in a user-friendly environment for BPH Adult and Forensic divisions,
- You will provide interest surveys, documenting patient interests, needs through interviews and discussion for media services.
- You will maintain/submit statistical reports timely to the Library Manager/designee related to groups and daily patient attendance.
- You will provide educational groups to patients on identified topics; offer library-based activities which constitutes a welcoming learning environment for patients with different levels of ability, interests and preferred modes of learning; support patient group leaders during library groups; offer material to patients on lodge.
- You will establish appropriate classifications and prepare material for patient and professional libraries.
- You will review library procedures and expenditures annually; inventory library material and equipment; maintain relevant library databases; maintain and review circulation files for all library material and equipment.