US Government, Department of Mental Health-DIS Columbia
- Full Time
With our Agency’s mission to support the recovery of people with mental illnesses, we provide a complete array of medical and support services for children, adults, and families throughout South Carolina.
This position is located at the Department of Mental Health, Veterans Village, Florence, SC
Under general supervision the of the Program Manager II, you will be responsible for coordination and monitoring the contract of the Florence Veterans Nursing Care Facility for the South Carolina Department of Mental Health. This will be in accordance with the terms specified in the contract with the management company that is responsible for operating the nursing care facility by federal and state laws, rules, policies, procedures and standards.
Responsibilities for the Nurse Administrator/Manager I include but are not limited to:
- Monitors/evaluates components of written contracts by utilizing written performance expectations. Notifies Director of Forensic & LTC Contract Monitoring when expectations are not met.
- Develops and utilizes objective audit tools and data in the formulation and development of contract evaluation guidelines. Ensures that the quality of care provided meets the standards of governing agencies and elements of the contract.
- Reviews financial reports monthly to ensure the Contractor adheres to the fiduciary responsibility as outlines in the contract. Performs monthly audit of the petty cash fund at the facility.
- Prepares written contract audit reports at specified intervals and provides information to the Director of Forensic & LTC Contract Monitoring.
- Actively participates with the Contractor and other DHM officials in developing nursing home status reports to be presented to appropriate officials, as needed.