US Government, Department of Mental Health-DIS Columbia
- Full Time
With our Agency’s mission to support the recovery of people with mental illnesses, we provide a complete array of medical and support services for children, adults, and families throughout South Carolina.
This position is located at the Department of Mental Health, Division of Inpatient Services (DIS)/BPH-Forensics, 7901 Farrow Road, Columbia, SC 29203.
As a Nurse Practitioner, you will under the supervision of the Medical Director (Medical Primary Care Chief of Forensic Inpatient Services), and will provide direct patient care in the DIS Forensics Program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- You will assist in the organization and monitoring of the evaluation treatment of the Forensics Inpatient Hospital consistent with the mission of DIS.
- You will plan, direct and execute delegated medical care activities for Forensic patients including the prescription of medication, pursuant to approved written protocols developed in collaboration with a physician preceptor.
- Collaborates with the supervising Non-Psychiatric Medical Physician and attending Psychiatrists to provide medical treatment to patients in Forensic Inpatient Facility.
- You will assist in the creation of a therapeutic milieu to meet patient’s needs which includes, but not limited to, the admission history and physical examination, evaluation of new complaints and coordination of indicated consultations and ancillary evaluations.
- You will medically manage an assigned caseload of patients and devise/coordinate monitoring protocols for labs, imaging and medical problems to improve quality of care.
- You will collaborate with disciplines regarding adequate medical care and appropriate medical referrals.
- Participates as an active member in Treatment Team meetings and assist in formulating Treatment Plans (maintains medical records as required by BPH Forensic Services and DMH policies.