In your application, please specify your preference. Currently, there are openings in the following treatment areas:
Forensic Units: Are you interested in the challenge of helping individuals with mental illness who also have criminal charges? The therapist in this position will help patients to navigate and progress through the criminal justice system, provide individual clinical intervention, conduct clinical assessments and assist with family meetings. They will document client progress, compile case histories and prepare related reports.
Pediatric Units: Do you have a special interest in working with youth? Our pediatric units treat children and adolescents ages 5 – 18 who have been diagnosed with mental illness. The therapist in this position will conduct individual, family and group therapy sessions, write therapeutic assessments, and be responsible for patient assessment and evaluations as well as case management.
Civil Adult Units: The therapist in this position will work with mentally ill adult and/or geriatric patients. They will develop and implement individualized treatment plans, write therapeutic assessments, conduct individual, family, and group therapy sessions, and be responsible for patient case management.
Therapists at the Utah State Hospital are responsible to:
- evaluate and assess the needs of patients.
- develop and implement individualized treatment plans.
- conduct individual, family, or group therapy sessions.
- write therapeutic assessments.
- coordinate with the unit treatment team regarding treatment.
- case management duties for patients.
The Ideal Candidate
The very best person for this position:
- has a current license (required). Accepting LCSW, CSW, CMHC, LMFT
- is empathetic and passionate about working with mentally ill patients.
- has experience creating social history profiles.
- is proficient in conducting productive therapeutic group sessions.
May be filled at either professional level depending on license/experience:
- CSW or ACMHC level license – $26.39 to $33.48 per hour
- LCSW or CMHC level license – $31.26 to $35.20 per hour
You’ll Love Being Part of Our Team! Here’s Why:
The Utah State Hospital is a state-of-the-art psychiatric facility, fully accredited from the Joint Commission and Centers for Medicaid and Medicare, certifying the high quality of the Hospital’s environment and treatment programs. Situated on a beautiful campus at the base of the Wasatch Mountains, we are conveniently close to several educational institutions and the best recreation Utah Valley has to offer.
Joining our team will allow you to provide excellent care in a safe and respectful environment to promote hope and improved quality of life for individuals with mental illness. For more information about the Utah State Hospital, our philosophy, mission, and treatment programs, we invite you to browse our website.
As a State of Utah employee, you will enjoy a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, various wellness programs, retirement plan, and paid leave accrual to promote positive work/life balance. You can find more information about benefits, here.