UNTIL THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICE ARE MET AND IS SUBJECT TO CLOSURE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE
EXAM NUMBER: Y5476G
TYPE OF RECRUITMENT:
OPEN COMPETITIVE JOB OPPORTUNITY
All County workforce members must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Successful candidates for this position will be required to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request an exemption for qualifying medical or religious reasons during the onboarding process. Candidates should not present proof of vaccination until instructed to do so by the hiring department.
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES:
The Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS) is the second largest health system in the nation, providing compassionate, quality care through its integrated system of hospitals and community-based clinics. DHS annually cares for about 600,000 unique patients, employs over 22,000 staff and has an annual operating budget of $6.5 billion. DHS leads the county’s effort to provide health services to the resident of Los Angeles County, of which approximately two million are uninsured. DHS hospitals also conduct post-graduate medical education through university affiliations for interns, residents and fellows to train the physician workforce for tomorrow.
To advance the health of our patients and our communities by providing extraordinary care.
The Los Angeles County Medical Hub Clinics provide high quality, coordinated health care for children who are involved with the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS).
The Medical Hubs offer:
- Compassionate care by medical providers who understand the needs and concerns commonly experienced by children, families and caregivers in the child welfare system;
- Services for children in all stages of DCFS involvement, including medical assessments of suspected child abuse or neglect, comprehensive medical exams for children entering out-of-home care, and ongoing well-child care and sick visits.
- Linkages to pediatric specialty care for children with complex medical needs;
- Board-certified child abuse pediatricians and child interview specialists with extensive training in assessing suspected child abuse and neglect;
- Close coordination with DCFS Children’s Social Workers and Public Health Nurses and the Department of Mental Health, to ensure that identified health, mental health and developmental needs are addressed.
Incumbents in these positions are physicians licensed to render specialized professional medical services in a specific field.
SPECIAL SALARY INFORMATION:
All persons appointed to the permanent position of Physician Specialist, (5476) who have been assigned to work at Los Angeles County High Desert Health Systems shall receive 10% of the base salary on the appropriate D table. Additionally, all persons appointed to Physician Specialist who are permanently assigned to work in a Los Angeles County Medical Hub Clinic shall receive 5.5% of the base salary on the appropriate D schedule when privileged to provide care in Forensic Pediatrics at the respective Department of Health Services (DHS) facility.
COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION
To apply, click on the link below:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Career Goals
- Legible copy of American Specialty Board Certification in Pediatrics..
- Legible copy of California State Physician and Surgeon’s Certificate authorized by the Board of Medical Examiners of the State of California.
Before submission of your information, it is necessary to ensure that all information is complete and includes all required documents as directed on the job posting in order for your information to be reviewed and processed in a timely manner.