US Government, 048-Public Health - Public Health Sciences - State Health Lab
- Full Time
The Wyoming Department of Health, Public Health Laboratory (WPHL), Chemical Testing Program (CTP) seeks an experienced Forensic Evidence Technician (PSFC06) to join our team. This position is responsible for accessioning, screening (e.g., EIA or ELISA), and archiving biological samples sent to the WPHL and CTP from various agencies across Wyoming. In addition, this position is responsible for responding to requests for information, creating litigation support packets, and for laboratory maintenance and waste disposal in accordance with laboratory standard operating procedures. This position is also involved in COVID-19 response activities such as pipetting media, waste disposal, shipping/receiving, sample accessioning, and other general support functions.
Human Resource Contact: Anissa French email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Receive evidence in the form of biological samples and maintain an appropriate chain of custody.
- Receive and accession samples for Biology, Chemistry, and Preparedness Sections.
- Enter subject and case information into the Laboratory Information Management System.
- Disperse aliquots of each sample for analysis and operate laboratory screening instrumentation (e.g., Mindray BS-480, Dynex DS-2).
- Perform technical review of screening results.
- Catalog and appropriately archive evidence in designated secure areas. Maintain specimen and supply inventories.
- Inventory toxicology sample screening supplies and general supplies used by technicians and forensic toxicologists.
- Maintain clean glassware, counters, sinks, etc., for all laboratory personnel. Operate autoclave and dishwashers on a washroom rotation. Maintain laboratory equipment.
- Testify in court regarding handling and security of evidence
- Receive packages and shipments from UPS, FedEx, USPS, and state couriers.
- Respond to requests for information or litigation support.