Notice to Applicant: Pursuant to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Omnibus COVID-19 Health Care Staff Vaccination Interim Final Rule (IFR), the South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs (SCDDSN) has established COVID-19 vaccination requirements and exemptions for staff who provide any care, treatment, or other services in Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (ICFs/IID). This position is subject to this requirement. You may contact Human Resources for further information or review SCDDSN Directive 413-11-DD at https://ddsn.sc.gov/providers/ddsn-directives-standards-and-manuals/current-standards.
About Our Agency
The South Carolina Department of Disabilities and Special Needs (DDSN) is the state agency that plans, develops, coordinates, and funds services for South Carolinians with the severe, lifelong disabilities of:
- intellectual disability and related disabilities
- autism spectrum disorder
- traumatic brain injury
- spinal cord injury and similar disability
Acts as psychiatrist for the SC Department of Disabilities and Special Needs in a short-term, crisis stabilization setting for individuals with ID/RD, autism and/or mental health disorders.
- Examines and diagnoses psychiatric forensic individuals in a short-term, crisis stabilization setting.
- Evaluates, treats, and medicates patients during regular and on call hours using clinical judgment.
- Composes documents such as patient evaluations, treatment plans, progress notes, and discharge summaries; writes prescriptions; prescribes changes in treatment when indicated; communicates with staff and other professionals accordingly.