US Government, Health and Human Services - Forensic Center
- Full Time
The MDHHS mission is to provide opportunities, services, and programs that promote a healthy, safe, and stable environment for residents to be self-sufficient. We are committed to ensuring a diverse workforce and a work environment whereby all employees are treated with dignity, respect and fairness. For more information, please visit our MDHHS Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan.
The Center for Forensic Psychiatry is expanding the Rehab Services Department and are looking for qualified Recreational Therapists to join the team!
Recreational Therapists use the principles and practices of recreational therapy to assess the functional skills of patients, developing and providing adaptive therapeutic recreational programs suited for each individual patient. Therapeutic programs are based on identified patient needs. The Recreational Therapist works with other Rehabilitation Services staff to provide therapeutic activity programs on treatment units and, at times, in a centralized program area called Main Street. The Recreational Therapist works as part of an interdisciplinary team and is a treatment team member for their assigned unit.
Click here to view the Position Description
Click here to view the Job Specification
To be considered for this position you must:
- Apply for this position online via NEOGOV; click on “Apply” in the job posting for instructions on submitting your electronic application. Hard copy applications are not accepted.
- Relevant experience and/or education referred to in the supplemental questions must be documented in the resume, transcript and/or application to allow for accurate screening.
- Meet the Selective Position Requirement (SPR) OR SubClass Code (if applicable).
- Attach a resume identifying specific experience and dates of employment. Dates of employment should include month and year and hours per week.
- Attach a cover letter.
- If applicable, attach a copy of an official transcript(s). We accept scanned copies of official transcripts. We do not accept web-based, internet, or copies of unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts provide the name of the institution, confirmation that a degree was awarded and on what date, and the registrar’s signature.
Failure to complete any of the above items may result in your application not being considered. See instructions for attaching files here: Instructions