US Government, Institute of Forensic Sciences
- Full Time
The Mission of the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences is to provide medical examiner and crime laboratory services of the highest quality in an unbiased manner with uncompromised integrity.
To provide consistent, quality death investigation and laboratory analysis for the benefit of the entire community.
To create a technological strongpoint for legal agencies to facilitate justice in criminal and civil proceedings.
To establish an academic environment for training in the field of Forensic Science.
Brief Shipping & Receiving Coordinator Overview:
The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator (Coordinator 2) maintains a process for receiving deliveries of various supplies and equipment to the Department, logging those deliveries in a centralized location, and delivering those supplies to appropriate locations within the Department; assists with maintaining central supply stock; and assists the Department’s Facilities Manager as needed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives, examines, and records receipt of Department deliveries. Maintains receiving log. Inspects incoming shipments for damage and conformance to invoice, purchase order, packing slip and/or shipping documents.
- Reports damaged goods to Manager of Business Operations and all other appropriate staff and arranges for return or disposal of all damaged goods.
- Stores shipment supplies in assigned storage areas and/or distributes received shipments to relevant Department divisions.
- Inputs receipt of supplies into the county’s financial computer system. Delivers packing slips or other delivery documentation to business office.
- Assists Department divisions with office supply ordering, maintenance, storage, and distribution.
- Maintains scheduled route to collect mail, inter-departmental correspondence, supplies, or other materials and delivers to designated areas, including being a part of the routine downtown run.
- Assists the Facilities Manager as needed with various building maintenance efforts and serves as his/her backup as requested.
- Other Duties as assigned:
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are requested of the employee for this position.
- Management may, at its discretion, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
This position is subject to a criminal history check. Only relevant convictions will be considered and, even when considered, may not automatically disqualify the candidate.