US Government, Department of Mental Health-DIS Columbia
- Full Time
This position is located at the SC Department of Mental Health, Division of Inpatient Services (DIS) G. Werber Bryan, 220 Faison Drive, Columbia, SC 29203.
Under limited supervision, you will perform diversified social work duties for a complex caseload consisting of patients with multiple psycho-social problems including criminal charges. These duties include completing assessments, group and individual treatment, discharge planning, and related duties. Services are provided to an inpatient population that is 18 years of age and older.
Responsibilities for the Social Worker include but are not limited to:
- Maintains a caseload of patients requiring intensive psychiatric treatment by completing all documentation and clinical services related to the caseload assigned to include, but not limited to, case management, group, individual, and family counseling/treatment, treatment planning, short-term interventions as needed, and discharge planning.
- Participates in discharge planning activities and assumes the major role for implementation of referrals, scheduling of appointments and the sharing of recommendations with community agencies and programs to ensure continuity of care. This includes alternate care placements or facilitation with other resources such as establishing financial platform and other related matters.
- Performs treatment team coordination for multi-disciplinary treatment team process. Coordinates with treatment team, family, patients and other collateral sources, monitors patient’s treatment and provides information for treatment team to ensure patients’ needs are being met. Authors/coordinates the development of individual treatment plans, interim updates and progress towards treatment goals.
- Responsible for preparation of thorough and accurate Psychosocial Assessments and Forensic Review Board reports for assigned patients recommended for discharge. Community Disposition/Discharge Plan for patients approved for discharge, and other Clinical Assessments (including Report for Designated Examiner as assigned) as needed to facilitate treatment success and transition to the community. Reports are legible and/or entered into EHR, professionally written with accurate punctuation and grammar.
- Generates Court Reports (FRB, Probate Court Reports) in preparation for Forensic discharges and transfers that may require testimony in a court of law.
- Attends core competency training, (MAPS, Infection Control, Patient Rights, HIPPA, etc.) and all required trainings as assigned. Attends monthly Social Work meetings and maintains Social Work Licensure.
- Provides hazardous weather coverage and weekend coverage as needed and/or assigned.