US Government, Department of Mental Health-DIS Columbia
- Full Time
With our Agency’s mission to support the recovery of people with mental illnesses, we provide a complete array of medical and support services for children, adults, and families throughout South Carolina.
This position is located at the Department of Mental Health, Division of Inpatient Services (DIS) Forensics, 7901 Farrow Road, Columbia, SC 29203.
As the Social Worker III, working under limited supervision, performs diversified social work duties for a complex caseload consisting of patients with multiple psycho-social problems including criminal charges. These duties include completing assessments, group and individual treatment, discharge planning, and related duties. Services are provided to an inpatient population, 18 years of age and older.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains a caseload of patients requiring intensive psychiatric treatment by completing all documentation and clinical services related to the caseload assigned to include, but not limited to, case management, group, individual, and family counseling/treatment, treatment planning, short-term interventions as needed, and discharge planning.
- Participates in discharge planning activities and assumes the major role for implementation of referrals, scheduling of appointments and the sharing of recommendations with community agencies and programs to ensure continuity of care. This includes alternate care placements or facilitation with other resources such as establishing financial platform and other related matters.
- Performs treatment team coordination for multi-disciplinary treatment team process. Coordinates with treatment team, family, patients and other collateral sources, monitors patient’s treatment and provides information for treatment team to ensure patients’ needs are being met. Authors/coordinates the development of individual treatment plans, interim updates and progress towards treatment goals.
- Responsible for preparation of thorough and accurate Psychosocial Assessments and Forensic Review Board reports for assigned patients recommended for discharge. Community Disposition/Discharge Plan for patients approved for discharge, and other Clinical Assessments (including Report for Designated Examiner as assigned) as needed to facilitate treatment success and transition to the community. Reports are legible and/or entered into EHR, professionally written with accurate punctuation and grammar.
- Responsible for generation of Court Reports (FRB, Probate Court Reports) in preparation for Forensic discharges and transfers that may require testimony in a court of law.
- Will attend core competency training, (MAPS, Infection Control, Patient Rights, HIPPA, etc.) and all required trainings as assigned. Will attend monthly Social Work meetings and maintain Social Work Licensure. Will maintain knowledge and enforce policies and procedures.
- Provides hazardous weather coverage and weekend coverage as needed and/or assigned.