US Government, 045-WYDOT-Chief Engineer - District Construction
- Full Time
Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) seeks a full-time Construction and Field Survey Technician located in Rawlins, Wyoming, where you can enjoy a community that offers great activities throughout the year just a few miles away to include: camping, fishing, and hunting.
Under limited supervision, the Construction and Field Survey Technician will perform various duties, including surveys and inspections on preliminary designs and construction projects, and conduct material testing to provide a safe, high quality, and efficient transportation system for the State of Wyoming.
Rawlins is on the rolling plains of the Old West and is small-town living at its finest. Nearby outdoor activities are endless: Hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, snowmobiling, ATV trails, rodeos, and even golfing. Seminoe State Park is a short hour away and stocked annually with trout and fighting walleye, and Casper is under a two-hour drive. Wyoming is one of only seven states with no state income tax.
Human Resource Contact: 307-745-2111 email@example.com
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed at the job level.
- Procures items needed for the office and projects.
- Organizes project records.
- Reviews and checks project documentation.
- Prepares, reviews, maintains, and files construction project records, estimates, and reports.
- Reviews and learns traffic control methods, manuals, and procedures.
- Reviews and learns test methods, manuals, and procedures.
- Communicates internally and externally regarding project information and courses of action/consequences on projects.
- Provides office support to project managers and establishes good lines of communication between WYDOT and contractors.
- Oversees smaller projects and/or components of larger projects.
- Learns and utilizes the WYDOT Construction Management System.
- Reviews and finalizes project documents for our final office.
- Performs survey tasks such as staking various project elements and recording survey data for current and preliminary projects.
- Performs minor construction computations such as slopes, areas, volumes, cut and fills, etc.
- Inspect contract elements to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Testing of various materials used in construction projects.
- Inspects traffic control setups on construction projects for adherence to our plans and specifications.
- Assists in the investigation of existing roadways for forensic study.
- Performs complex documents and results for QCA/QCA purposes.
- Serves as a technical resource for other employees and attends all designated training sessions to maintain required certifications.
- Assists in obtaining agreements required for projects.